Tuesday 14 August 2012

[ Peach Sponge Flan ]

13 August 2012

Good afternoon~!! ( ´ ▽ ` )ノ

Today, for F&N, I baked a peach sponge flan~! =D

Whats a flan?

Flan is a term with two meanings. The one most familiar in Britain is an open pastry or sponge case containing a sweet or savoury filling. A typical flan of this sort is round, with shortcrust pastry.

Interesting isnt it? (★^O^★) There is another meaning for the word flan as well~ it refers to a custard pudding of sorts! I only knew this meaning through the manga Kitchen Princess. Try it on for size~ it really fits! \(^ ^)/

So yes, with the instructions set by my teacher, Rexanne & I then began to bake our own flan sponge~

I was a little worried though. I was severely afraid of over beating the eggs which will then cause it to 'sink' when its out of the mold and cooling off. So scary (ノД`)・゜・。

But somehow or another, my sponge cake came out fine~ take a look and see~~


HEEEEEE *random squeal of happiness* It is so pretty~!!! (>w<)


Oh yes, the 'deflated' portion in the middle wasnt because of me over beating the eggs! Its meant to be this way, so that I could fill it up with custard and set the peaches on! Ψ(´▽`)Ψ The end product is suppose to look like a fruit tart of sorts! Expect that the base is a sponge cake~ (v^_^)v


TADAHHHHHH *wonderful glorious music comes on* This is how it looks like filled with custard with the peaches set! “ヽ(´▽`)ノ”  I kept on poking the sponge =w= The outside was sort of hard as the flan tin was coated in flour. BUT THE INSIDE IS REALLY SOFT AND SPONGY AND NICE AND ALL SOFT AND *starts blabbing rubbish*


My container for that day was too small! D< I couldnt bear to attempt to squeeze my beautiful sponge flan into the a little smaller than it container =< Hence, I placed on the lid and supported the lid with my palm~ I ended up looking like a waitress due to my posture I suppose! ( OAO;; )

I ended up getting a lift from my friend. THANK YOU MY DEAR FRIEND WHO DOESNT WANT TO BE NAMED! xD

Thats all now! Today was slack but tomorrow will be a rough day.

Sigh..History tuition starts at 5 but I havent started studying yet. Thats why I better go off now.

GOOD BYE \(☆o◎)/

Yours sincerely
REINBOWBOX

No comments:

Post a Comment