Sunday 15 July 2012

[ Makeup That I Use For Normal & Cosplay ]

15 July 2012

ITS ME AGAIN *gets bricked*

Due to my friend's request & my own eagerness, I created this post to show people what I normally use for my makeup~ Enjoy! *talking to air* ⊂((・▽・))⊃

I differ a little from other people regarding the foundation. I use some other things before putting on foundation.I start of with


Sunscreen of SPH 130~! Is it weird? I use this before all of my makeup is because Singapore is an oven and because I am rather tan, I have no wish to get any tanner. So, on this goes~ ヽ(;▽;)ノ


Next, will be the moisturizer~! I use this because it helps me to hydrate my skin and keep it oil free for a longer period of time as compared to when I dont have it on~ \(^ ^)/

Then, this part will be the part where my makeup routine goes along like any other people! I start off with


Foundation~ I use elf's foundation. Its cheap, affordable & its not harmful to your skin~! It has a SPF value of 20! (*^▽^*)


Next, comes the concealor. For this, I use Revlon's PhotoReady. There are 3 different shades for sale and this is nice to use, easy to apply and it provides really good coverage. I usually spam this on my face till I look like a monkey of sorts. (´ω`★)



Next, comes the face powder to set the foundation and concealor. I use Majolica Majorca's Face Powder. Not only is the case pretty and elegant, the powder is easy to put on and its smooth to the touch after applying!O(≧∇≦)O



For some cases where I do not want my face to look matte and I want it to be a little glittery and shiny for god knows what reasons, I use Ottie's Naturalism Face Powder. This powder smells nice and the glitter isnt so glaring till you end up looking like a disco ball, yet, its strong enough to alert you of its presence. Its not too strong or heavy on the eyes~ (☆^ー^☆)



Because I have a round face,which does not fit some styles and characters, I contour my face. For this, I use Sleek MAKEUP Face Contour Kit. The dark brown palette on the left is for applying on the sides of your face to darken it so that it gives the vision of a smaller and sharper face while the brighter beige palette on the right is for highlighting your cheekbones and blending the brown in so that it wouldnt look unnatural.   (´∀`)


On days where I am far too lazy to slowly contour and highlight my face, I use this 2 in 1 contouring powder. I use elianto's natural mineral powder for this. The ration of bronzer powder to highlighter is 2 : 1 so when you just knock the powder out and use the puff to apply it to areas like you would do using the Face Contouring Kit, it will come out evenly blended and natural. Of course, while it comes out nice, the effect that comes out using the manual Face Contouring Kit is better. \(@ ̄∇ ̄@)/


Next, I use elf's eye primer. It is a tad gooey-er as compared to Maybelline's primer but I think the stickyness is what makes my eye makeup stay on longer. *nods* (`・ω・´)”


I have this small bottle / container of golden eyeshadow powder that I use in place of Candy Doll's Cream Eyeshadow 01 Gold. Its pretty much the same except for its state. One is dry and one is wet. One is powder while one is cream~! (^ω^)



For my normal going out makeup, subculture makeup, gyaru makeup, characters which requires ground colors like what I have above, I normally use my Coastal Scents WARMPalette 88 Eye Shadow Colours to do the trick. So far, it has always been doing its job perfectly and I find no fault with it! ⊙ω⊙



While for my cosplays or subculture makeup which requires funkier colours as opposed to ground colours, I use my AREZIA Makeup Palette! While the colours may not be as large a variety as compared to the Coastal Scents 88 Eye Shadow Palette. I am still quite satisfied with this~! \(^▽^@)ノ



Next will of course be the eyeliner~! I have 2 different kinds. One is NYX & one is Dolly Wink. I find the NYX eyeliner useful to use but it has one down side. If you happen to make a mistake while drawing your eyeliner, it can be quite a hassle to remove it so I think I prefer the Dolly Wink eyeliner more as it is easy to put on & remove~ (◕‿◕✿)


Diamond Liquid Eyeliner~ This is great stuff, I've seen people outline their eyes with white eyeshadow in a bid to 'widen' their eyes but well, my white shadow isnt exactly the strongest shade of white so it appears as translucent on my eyes which makes it look ugly. This, adds some glitter to your eyes while not making you seem like a retard in case your white is as retarded as mine! (-^〇^-)


After the eyes, will be the eyelashes~ I use my metallic green eyelash curler for that~ I never really bothered about the whole curling your lashes first and all until Kimmy told me that I should or my lashes and falsies are going to turn out weird. I took her advice and woah~ it was a lot better so thank you Kimmy~! (∩_∩)


Desperate attempt made by a desperate person that has no lashes / barely any lashes. Ive only used it for about 2 days or so? So I am not able to give you a proper answer as to whether it works or not. SORRY! (ノД`)・゜・。




Next comes the mascara~ I use this before I place my falsies on, as well as after I place them on~ I have 3 different kinds and I use at least 2 different kinds each time~ I dont 'set' them in pairs, I just see my mood, grab, and use~

The 3 different kinds that I have are elianto's prince3na mascara for volume and long lash, COLOUR COMBOS's FlexiCurl Mascara & lastly, Dolly WInk's Volume Mascara~! (((o(*゚▽゚*)o)))




After mascara, comes the lashes~! Normally, for my upper lashes, I use Sally Monk's Glamourous Power Eyelash while for the bottom, if I want to look dramatic, I use Diamond Lash's Princess Eye and I use Dolly Wink No. 5 for normal going out events~ its much more subtle as compared to the spidery looking Diamond Lashes! xD




To attach the lashes to my eyes, we need to use glue right? So yes, I have 3 kinds of glue that I commonly use. The first would be Heroine Make's Lash Fixer , the second would be an unknown branded Eyelash Fix glue, while the third one would be Dolly Wink's Eyelash Fixer. The first and the third ones are white glue which would clear upon drying while the middle one is transparent glue! (゜▽゜;)




After my lashes are done, I would proceed to colouring my lashes brown as my wigs are normally brown. The first one came from the K Palette series. It is called Lasting 2Way Eyebrows and it is simply amazing. Its easy to use, the colour stays on, its fun to put it on!

The second one came from the Majolica Majorca's Lash King series. It is called the Brow & Lash Colourer. It is used the same way as you use mascara! Just comb it through your lashes!

The third one came from Dolly Wink. It is called Eyebrow Mascara! Like the Majolica Majorca's Lash King Brow & Lash Colourer, you just have to comb it through your brows! (v^_^)v




Now, we have reached the second last portion of my makeup routine. Due to the fact that my lips are dry and using lipstick will just make the cracks appear more, I choose to use lip gloss instead~!! But, my lips are already sort of reddish, so the lipgloss wouldnt look nice would it. Imagine. Reddish glittery lips. Even I would be scared shitless for heaven's sake. So this is what I do.

First, I use Mogitatsu Kujitsu's Grape & Berry Flavoured Lip Gloss to moisten my lips and to flatten down all the dead skin.

Second, I use HEAVY ROTATION's Lip Concealor ( Nude Lipstick is fine ) to colour my lips.

Lastly, I dab some Candy Doll's Cotton Candy Lip Gloss onto my lips and use my fingers to rub it even.

The effect is really good! (❁´◡`❁)*✲゚*




The last last last last last part of my makeup routine! The blusher~ For me, I use Majolica Majorca's Puff De Cheek RD 414 Cherry Macaroon~ The colour is really sweet and the puff is way too cute and soft! The fact that it smells nice is an added bonus as well!

Im ending it here! Im off to bed now~

Kudos~
Ψ(´▽`)Ψ

Yours lovingly
REINBOWBOX

No comments:

Post a Comment